Join a team who love what they do, selling products they love.
Personal Passion Increases Sales!
HSP recruits and contracts independent sales professionals to represent wine, beer, and spirits brands in many locations. Our enthusiasm and professionalism results in increased sales.
We recruit independent contractors who have previous sales experience and who have a passion and interest in selling wine, beer & spirits. Sales experience is required and a real passion to meet and chat with consumers is a must. The goal of a HSP contractor is to achieve the highest sales per shift in to generate commensurate commissions.
What are some of the brands that HSP represents?
We are ambassadors for leading suppliers such as Anheuser Busch, Constellation, Gallo, Pernod-Ricard, Diageo, The Wine Group, Miller Coors, and Treasury Wine Estates among literally hundreds of others.
What are the requirements to be considered for independent contract work with HSP?
Are you an independent, self-starter?
We are looking for talented, independent sales professionals who have sales experience and a general knowledge of wine, beer, and spirits. We look for enthusiastic and energetic personalities. You need to be at least 21 years old and totally responsible for yourself. Applicants must be reliable, outgoing, and hard-working. Please note all applicants must undergo background screening prior to placement, submit a signed Code of Conduct, Independent Contractor Agreement, and a completed W9 form should you be contracted to work with HSP.
Do you understand the brand?
A key component to providing marketing and sales services to HSP is spending the required time to learn and understand each brand’s unique selling proposition. Being able to communicate this information concisely, clearly, and enthusiastically will result in higher sales. HSP will provide you with both intelligence and online support to enhance your continuing education on sales, best practices and unique selling points about each brand you will represent.
As a final and extremely important note:
With the exception of CA, this work is NOT offered as either part-time or full-time employment. This is independent contract work.
Should you be selected to represent HSP, you are being appointed as an independent contractor and will be required to sign our Code of Conduct
and Independent Contractor Agreement. You are responsible for filing your own taxes with the IRS.
Contract Fee & Commission Schedule
We pay an hourly rate + commission which combine to offer one of the more attractive and most competitive pay packages in the industry. Pay does vary with each retailer to ensure that our demo agents are properly incentivized and aggressively compensated. Our average hourly take-home is in excess of $25 per hour.
The Contracting Process
- All prospective applicants will either attend a live educational session or visit an existing HSP rep in-store.
- After a phone interview you will also be asked to complete a quick test so that we may assess your current knowledge.
- If you are selected to represent HSP, you must submit or confirm contact information/address.
- At this point, you will receive an email from an independent agency on behalf of HSP that runs criminal and background checks required by our retail partners. You will be asked to submit your background information on-line directly to their agency.
- When the background assessment is completed you will be sent the appropriate IRS forms. Once these forms are returned you will receive a logon to the HSP portal. When you log in, you will be asked to read and digitally sign the HSP Code of Conduct and Independent Contractor Agreement.
- You will then have access to our contractor portal/blog where you can indicate your availability, accept shifts, and get PAID!
- In this same portal, you can enter your time sheets and sales per shift, review brand materials, read other contractor posts, and watch videos that will help you better represent HSP brands and improve your overall sales.
- Payment is generated on a weekly basis and sent via USPS or Direct Deposit (preferred). So, for example if you worked on the previous Saturday and Sunday, payment for services is sent the following Thursday via USPS. Direct deposit is offered; find the necessary forms on your user page.
- As an independent contractor providing marketing and sales services to HSP you will receive a 1099 form for the previous tax year. So for 2019, you will receive your 1099 in January 2020 reflecting payments of anything over $600 for 2019, made by HSP to you. It is your responsibility to pay your taxes to the IRS directly on the pay you received from HSP. We will provide the IRS with information on what the company paid you.
We look forward to working with you and providing you an excellent and easy way to generate revenue. If you have experience and a real passion for selling, an interest in the adult recreation industry, and a desire to meet consumers looking for guidance and support during their adult recreational purchasing process, this is the right opportunity for you!
"Working with HSP is hardly working at all. The opportunity to represent fantastic wines and meet interesting people is a pleasure. I appreciate the flexible schedules and enjoy driving sales and watching my commissions build. I'm happy to
be a part of HSP."
"Extraordinary company, always something new and exciting to demo, great venues, great team of partners! I like the ease of the online CMW site, good information and always up to date! I couldn't ask for a better company to work with!"
"It is a great organization to work for. AND, you are paid within a matter of just a few days. I worked for 2+ years with another Wine/Beer demo company before joining HSP and I can honestly say that HSP is the BEST."